View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 05:08 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I can see tube comparisons becoming an obsession...
Hello Linus.

Well, I started this, so I figured I would note any differences I heard for anyone who might look at this thread. Maybe some would find a semi-hobbyist, rank tube amateur's observations interesting. I, too, can see where it could become an obsession, but I have only four tube brands plus the stock ones that came with the C2300, with no intentions of buying any additional brands. I'm not a serious tube guy, so I'm not inclined to buy bunches of brands for the sake of experiments. I believe those I have will suffice.

As I say, I want to give the Mullards at least a month, and go from there. Maybe curiosity will get me to try the Gold Lions I have, or maybe I'll be content with the Mullards and the GLs can be replacements for them if any fail, or vice versa. That's what I expect will happen, but it would mean I'd have to try the GLs at some point; I could just buy more Mullards, too. The JJs were good as well, so that's another option. Plenty of options, even with a limited number of brands to choose from.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks