View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 03:16 AM

Dang. Looks like I can’t add pictures from my device unless I download it to an image hosting site first. That being said, I guess I’ll just explain what I did.

For the 2 bass drivers I found the perfect size car stereo speaker type metal cover. I attached them buy using 4 longer screws and using the factory holes. Fits perfect.

For the FST driver (as you know, there is NO surround and no screws to use to attach it. So I took out the center “phase plug” and had a friend use a lathe and copy it the best he could with wood. He then put a hole at the flat end so I could insert a threaded post and screw it into the speaker. He then put a small nut at the tip. I then take a smaller screw and screw the grill directly to the front of the plug. So basically the grill is being held in place by attaching it to the center phase plug. I painted the small screw at the tip but still need to paint the wood phase plug.

All in all it turned out great since I now have the advantage to see the drivers a bit more and also see the cherry wood finish on the face of the speaker. Too me it looks so much better. Purists May say that the metal grill doesn’t sound as good but I don’t feel like I hear any difference.

Let me see if I can figure out an easy way to attach some pics.