View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_v View Post
Mike!

So you switched all AQ PC to 'Canes?
Hey Joey,
Not quite yet, though I might continue working towards it. I have 3 'Canes out of 5 total cords in the main system, and will have 2 out of 4 on the headphone system, once the new order arrives.

I think as we discussed before, I'm not sure if there will be too much improvement replacing the WEL NRG's on phono & preamp (which are already excellent cords), but who knows maybe it'll happen when the whole system becomes uniform 'Canes. I'll "borrow" the 2 from the headphone system and try it out.

I was most blown away by putting the 'Canes on my tube monoblocks (replacing NRG 1000's). It made them sound smoother and more powerful and authoritative. Holy crap, I've been enjoying that 2ch system like never before since then - genuinely ecstatically happy with the sound, and I've been going crazy buying vinyl in response. It finally feels like the system has "arrived". That gave me enough confidence in these cords to get the next 2.

And it looks like AQ has changed the sheath from black & red to black & blue. Weird! Maybe not a thrill for those of us who'll end up with mixed braids, but I care a lot less about that then some do.

Last edited by mulveling; 08-06-2018 at 12:21 PM.