View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 04:29 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver View Post
Who said anything about Sonos being an “audiophile product”

This isn’t directed at B&W, but in general who cares how good your product sounds if it sucks to use. I didn’t say the app doesn’t work to well, someone else did.

Hey hey, I thought I wrote quite a positive review.
The Formation series absolutely doesn't "suck" for me.
I quote myself: "the app doesn't seem to work too well yet".
B&W is working on it.
For now, the Airplay 2 works already pretty well.
I connected my iPhone in 3 seconds to all devices.

I'm sure the new owners of the company, who are very ICT oriented, will get there soon.
In fact, if I recall well, I've heard they see active speakers as the future.
That way they can tune their speakers how they are supposed to sound, to them.

We have several B&W products: a 5.1 XT series, built-in speakers (kitchen), a Zeppelin. Also a portable bluetooth speaker.

We were very close to buying 800 D2s at the time, but ended up with Vivid Audio.
If the 800 series then would have been as good as the D3 series now, we might even have stayed with the brand.
Although the Missus prefers the looks from our speakers now.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables