View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 06:53 PM

If you get those speakers happy in a decent room, any good amplifier, which the Hegel surely is, will drive them and create bliss. They work so well at low levels that massive power isn't strictly a requirement to enjoy them. At the same time they are very revealing speakers so they will resolve differences that may not be as obvious with lesser gear so there's always risk of entanglement.

If you're happy, and you should be with the gear you have, there's no reason to go hunting just now. There's a limit to how loud the Salon2s will be liner in output, and that is reached below reference level (105dB) in most rooms and systems at the SLP. Bigger amps may grip the speaker with more authority but they probably won't play all that much louder. Not that you inquired about loud. As for improvements in overall system quality, for me it would be a matter of what I thought my weakest link was. And maybe that takes some listening to decide. So if you're stoked, hang tough and wait for an itchier day. Stoked is pretty hard to beat so enjoy it while you got it. I've been stoked with my Revels for two years now and all the best improvements to them have been the obvious ones I made to the room.

And don't go to stores!

Last edited by Pampero; 06-02-2018 at 07:01 PM.