Thread: ChronosonicXVX
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clpetersen View Post
Hey Charles - congratulations on the Wilson XVX purchase. You have an outstanding system in place already -

Looking though your signature, it appears you have no analog sources (assuming you use the digital out from the McIntosh MR87 tuner). Is that correct?
Has this already been extensively discussed?
Thank you so much! I can tell you that a month ago I had no idea I'd have purchased an XVX. I only learned of it through this thread. But the minute I saw it I knew I had to have it. It wasn't a question of being dissatisfied with my Alexx at all. It was a situation of the XVX being my final speaker ultimate speaker.

Yes I use the digital input for the MR87. I grew up with vinyl, tape, and tubes. I always liked prerecorded tapes better than vinyl. I liked solid state better than tubes. I used to have many prerecorded tapes. I owned a Nakamichi Dragon for years. When CD came out I happily abandoned vinyl for good. Super expensive high end vinyl is a fairly recent phenomenon and something I don't choose to participate in. I have never felt that vinyl did justice to low frequencies. I also feel that digital has surpassed vinyl in terms of resolution and musicality. Vinyl is cultish to me.

I don't like tubes for much the same reason. Tubes and vinyl are for me more trouble than they are worth. I grew up with tubes. But I enjoy vicariously tremendously folks systems that are mainly tubes and vinyl on this website.