Thread: ChronosonicXVX
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphacts View Post
The Wilson ActixXO Stereo Controller is set to 30Hz at 18dB per octave. The Chronosonic XVX is run full range.
There is not an external electronic active crossover that has ever been made that cannot easily be heard. When I got my Thor I read about the tremendous effort Wilson put into their WC HP filter. So I employed it for about 6-8 months absolutely certain that not running the Maxx3 full range was the way to go. I did not follow Wilson's recommendation to run the Maxx3 full range. I thought the system sounded great.

Then for some reason, I hooked everything up the way it was supposed to be. Everything sounded so much better, bass, extremely low base, mids, and treble. You don't know what your missing, until you hear it.

It is Wilson's ability to perform this uncanny feat of subwoofer integration with the main run full range that separates them bass wise from all other manufacturers, IMO. Yes their subs are extremely expensive. I have 63,800.00 in my system including my amp, Thor, speaker cable, power cords and conditioner, IC's, and WC. Mine is "cheap" compared to that setup but it sounds great. When I get my XVX installed I will continue to have a very cost effective very well thought system with absolutely zero wasted money.

I have always believed that noise floor is the key to resolution and resolution is the key to just about everything else. I use 2 AQ Niagara 5000's and all Dragon pc's on my 1.25KW's driving my Alexx; I use a Niagara 5000 to my 1.25KW and an AQ Dragon and Hurricane, Wolf, and Redwood complete the subwoofer system. I begin at my lightpole and whole house filtration. I use a Transguard Tg 60. (4) dedicated 20 amp lines no. 10 wire. I can turn every input up to 100% volume (tuner input excepted) with amps on and place my ear right next to the speaker: zero hum and zero hiss; absolute silence. I doubt even in that superb installation they can do this.

One other thing. If Momentums are used on those Subsonics, while they are adequate in terms of watts, they are being stressed. Wilson subs need a lot of watts.

Last edited by Charles; 11-08-2019 at 01:37 PM.