View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
There are several strategies to connect your equipment. This is what I recommend that you try first.

Use the Venom PS8 to connect all the power amps and sub(s). If you only have a single wall outlet circuit, connect the PS8 directly to the wall with its power cord.

Then, plug the Denali into the same wall duplex but use the second outlet. So, the PS8 will be plugged into the top outlet and the Denali into the bottom outlet.

Plug your source equipment into the Denali outlets. The equipment that you plug into the Denali can use a Delta EF or Alpha EF cable. Remember that the cable that connects the Denali to the wall is critical to overall performance since ALL current to the components flows through this cable.

I would recommend Delta NR or Alpha NR for the amplifiers and subs that connect to the PS8. So one strategy would be to use an Alpha NR to connect the PS8 to the wall. Then, use Delta NRs to each amplifier. For better performance, (at a higher cost) substitute Alpha NRs for the Delta cables. But don’t underestimate the abilities of the Delta cables. They are extremely capable regardless of their modest cost. Read the recent review of the Delta cables in hi-fi+ magazine.
Thanks Caelin for your insights and recommendations.

I have 2 20A lines, so will plug the Denali and PS8 separately to those 2 20A Wall Outlets.

I have also bought a Venom Defender. Would you recommend plugging a Venom defender in each of the 20A wall outlet socket along with the Denali and PS8, or connect the Defender in one of the sockets of the Denali and PS8?

Also, the bottom 2 sockets of the Denali are HC. Can I connect source components to these, or they only designed for Amps?

To recap on cable needs:
* PS8 to 20A wall outlet: Alpha NR (best) or Delta NR
* Denali to 20A wall outlet: Alpha EF (best), or Delta EF (as the Denali has great NR capabilities, I think I would only need EF cables. Is this correct or should I use NR cables to connect the Denali to the Wall outlet?)
* Amps and Sub to PS8: Alpha NR (best) or Delta NR (if I connect the PS8 to the wall outlet using Alpha NR)
* Sources (Pre-Amp, CD Player, Streamer, PS Audio DAC) to Denali: Alpha EF (best) or Delta EF

Thanks again.
Best,
Thanh
Amps: Mc611s; Bryston 9BST Speakers: B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, B&W SCMs, 2x REL Carbon Special + Analysis Plus REL SpeakOn cable; Pre-Amp: C2700; Processor: Marantz 8805A Sources: Aurender N20; PSA Directstream DAC; JVC RS2000; Stewart Screen Cabaret with StudioTek 130 G4; Oppo UDP-205; Power & Cables: Taralabs bi-wire; WW XLR Silver Eclipse 8; WW Silver Starlight 7 Coax; Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha, Delta and Venom.