View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance002 View Post
I have been using this method since August 2019.

For me, the increase in clarity is close to individually adding the (many) Furutech NCF Flux 50 (before), ADD-POWR items (after) and High Fidelity magnetic RCA adapters (after), although I think there may be an additive effect of those items added after; close to a component change for adding each of these items.

None of this makes sense to me, but the results are outstanding; I have seen reams of internet chatter how absolutely none of this can ever make a difference, yet I can hear the improvement within 10 seconds. Adding another connection sounds better, not worse? An emphatic "yes."

Finally hearing the harmony verse "Ventura Boulevard" on Tom Petty's Free Fallin' with complete clarity of all of the voices was shocking.

I use the Audio Sensibility Statement SE OCC silver RCA Y-splitter cables (in sets of four); they are directional one-way (i.e., one end is "backwards" when you use this method) as they were not designed for this method, but for normal one-way (mono out to "two channel" in), although I cannot tell if that has any effect.

I continue to be amazed at how much more I can squeeze out of my equipment and wonder if Julian Hirsch (gasp!) was right (but maybe for the wrong reasons, unless he figured out all of this stuff 50 years ago and kept quiet): OK, maybe not.

There is a thread on A'gon and it may put to rest some of the issues regarding "at own risk" (class D amplifiers appear to have the most potential issues, at least as thought early on). It is quite long, but it mentions a lot of equipment brands that have had positive results with this method.

It should be noted this method may not be what is traditionally known as "shotgun" as the two separate runs of same-length (and usually same model) interconnects are not encased, but "hang" separately (I give mine a twist or two).

I have had no negative issues with analog interconnects with my brands of linestage, amplifier, SACD player, reel-to-reel player or DSD recorder. Apparently it can be used with power cords, USB, speaker cables, etc. (I have not tried these).

Substantial wow-factor for me at relatively low cost compared to the items I have purchased to clean AC power. The only downside is that dreaded process known as "break-in"; another two-weeks-plus of waiting to hear my system in full splendor (currently suffering though another period with a fresh batch of High Fidelity Signature magnetic RCA adapters).

Another audio "thing" I cannot live without.

What connections do you use this for? I’m thinking about a very long run between preamp (Accuphase c-3800) and amps (Accuphase a-200s).

Thanks. Very interesting stuff - very well regarded by some highly placed folks in this world.