View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 12:37 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Could not agree more. I've never heard a pair of Dyn's that I wanted to take home and have never listened to a pair of Focal's that did not 'light my fire'. Your 'extra sparkle' description is a good one.
Well, that's what make this hobby fun and interesting. We have different requirements and sensibilities, and that's fine. Personally, regarding these two mfrs of speakers, I've felt the opposite...I've never heard a pair of Focals that's I've enjoyed, or in some cases, didn't drive me from the room. So....YMMV.

So, while I am confident there are many dedicated and satisfied Focal owners, the same is true of Dynaudio.

Also, I think its important to acknowledge that one cannot get a truly accurate impression of any given speaker without taking the specific system into account, and most importantly, the room into the equation. The room, by far, has the biggest impact on how a pair of speakers will sound. This is because there is a functional interaction between the speaker and the room. And audio show hotel rooms are not the place to be making final decisions about speakers, either, IMHO.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 02-08-2020 at 12:41 PM.