View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 11:10 AM

[QUOTE=decooney;973914]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Ed View Post

Hello Ed. That's great! Bet it sounds nice. I looked at the Aikido DIY units a little, circuit boards and all, hmm..., P2P for sure here on out. A friend and member here hinted at me trying his Inspire LP27 for grins, but I won't give up my remote control with my Cary SLP-98 "sweet little preamp" with huge outboard transformer; sounds great, formerly designed by Mr. Had too. I visited a buddy who compared several high $ other brand preamps to his upgraded SLP98 to units 2x to 4x the cost, both of us preferred our upgraded 98s. Perhaps it was a synergy there too. Will keep an eye out on developments here with all the Inspiring development work going on, good fun and continued progress for sure
Decooney, I agree with you that point to point wiring is best practice. The Aikido boards are very high quality though.

I remember looking at your preamp years ago. I would be interested to hear the difference between the Cary and the most recent designs out of Dennis’ fertile imagination.

I bet your setup sounds great with the 6f6 tubes. I like these tubes but I just don’t have speakers that mate well with them.