Thread: BCD-3 question
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 08:52 PM

For anyone in the market for a Redbook player that will rival a sub- $5000 SACD player, let alone a CDP, do yourself a favor and put the Bryston BCD-3 on your A-list. I have owned many brands of players, both CD and SACD, nothing over $8000 (MCD-500 my costliest player), and this sheep in lambs clothing is a sleeper. I am having a Come To JDandy (RIP) moment, but unfortunately I do not have Dan’s descriptive writing capabilities. I was wowed straight out of the box. Then, Ivan’s experience with his numerous BDA-3 caused me to wonder what else could be experienced with Bryston products. I had mainly purchased the DAC as a entry into their server world of music. Using the BCD-3 with the BDA-3, with the assist of a Wireworld IC, turned the sheep into a lion. What I noticed initially was the soundstage widened a bit side to side but greatly increased depth front to back. I cannot thank Ivan enough for suggesting the DAC and even convincing me to tap the CDP into it for greater amazement. I really enjoyed the improvement that was heard on Beth Hart/Joe Bonamassa’s ‘Seesaw’ CD. What a great collaboration between two fantastic artists.

Last edited by miner; 03-16-2020 at 06:24 PM.