View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Serge.......Your theater has to sound astonishing. Great set up.
I'm very happy Dan. I knew that SF speakers can afford to be driven by amps with real testicular fortitude in a room that is well treated and sound the best to my ears that way. While I absolutely love latest Krell amps with Elipsas in rooms with proper acoustics, I decided not to risk so much heat in one cabinet where all my amps are stacked and I decided not to clutter the theater with amps on the floor by the front speakers.

The Bryston amps are still more neutral than McIntosh amps and are faster with crisper transients which works very well for Elipsas when the room is not overly bright, which as you know my theater is treated from head to toe with ASC treatments of all kinds. Having auditioned the new SST2 series of Bryston amps, it was an easy decision. It was a perfect solution to go with Bryston muscle and their iron grip on the speakers that are a bit on the warmer/forgiving side of neutral.

I'm getting a perfect balance of crisp transients, extremely well articulated bass, highs that are extended, airy but natural and smooth and a very silky, seductive midrange SF are known for.

If it wasn't for the very well treated room this combo resides in, I would have gone with amps with a smidgen less "enthusiasm", in fact, I'd be looking at MC601's as the perfect partners.

Last edited by PHC1; 08-10-2011 at 12:56 AM.