View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrubTheHedgehog View Post
I have an older 802 D but this probably applies across the board. I have tweaked tow in and position, but not the height of the individual spikes since installation.

I believe that rear spikes can be raised and front lowered, and vice versa, using the provided tool, such that the tweeter and other drivers can be tilted up or down for optimization.

Is there any method or technique to do this or is it trial and error? Has anyone tinkered with this and what was the result?
I tilted my former 800 D2 forward by letting the front spikes at minimum height and lifting the rear spikes to the maximum height.

Caution: There is no stop to prevent the spikes from falling out of the threads!

1) Tow-in with respect to the base-line between the speakers should be exactly the same on both sides.
2) Distance between the speakers and the center of the listening position should be exactly the same for both speakers.
3) The right angle line from the tweeters should arrive at ear height at your listening position.

Use a laser distance meter to measure/verify.
Use a spirit level to fine-tune the horizontal settings. Eventually the speakers should not wobble.

Tip: Temporarily support the rear of the speakers with some paper catalogs or similar when fine-tuning the spikes.
Tip: Washers underneath the spikes might allow to slightly move the speakers on the spikes to fine-(re)tune position and tow-in.

Martin