View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufguy73 View Post
Thanks joey - do you still find it an annoyance or are you pretty much over any inconvenience?

Also, does the only workaround necessitate Roon? Or were you already using Roon, anyway, and didn’t investigate other potential fixes?

On a totally separate note, I noticed the higher res formats are only available through the USB input on the D1100? I am totally new to the digital streaming world (ie Amazon Prime, Tidal, etc) and this would be the primary usage of the D1100. In doing reading on various units, technologies, etc. I thought I had come across statements indicating Optical and/or Ethernet connections tended to be higher quality than USB connections in the same unit...

Is this accurate? Are USB connections somehow inherently inferior to other input connections? I won’t be connecting a computer to my Streamer/DAC so I don’t necessarily need to use a UBS connection if other connection types are preferrable.
I think other people have had success with JRiver too. The secret is being able to configure a delay or silence before the track starts. This allows you to keep auto mute off as to not miss the start of the the track, and also avoid a pop. What you do is mute your preamp, press play, then unmute immediately. You are essentially manually doing the USB auto mute function. Works for me.

I think USB is actually preferred because it is more flexible. For example, you cannot do DSD over optical or coaxial, and d1100 doesn’t have Ethernet. Also coax and optical top out at 32/192 I think.

I use the USB for everything.