View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 01:33 PM

Carl, the key is the peak power demand for the Fenice. Dan A'gostino says that his amps typically should run at no more than 10%. I can say with my XVX, I have never exceeded about 100 watts peak. Typically most material demands between 6-12 watts peak to be quite loud.

Since your Fenice is more sensitive than my XVX you should be fine. I saw a pic of the 750's on the internet. They are monsters. I assumed yours were 750's. I had forgotten just how huge the 750's were. Each one had a 3,000 watt power supply as I understand. My FPB 700 had a 6,000 watt supply.

Certainly, if you plan on bi or tri-amping, use 350's. The only drawback to these amps is their heat and current draw. They run hot despite the sliding class A bias. However, my opinion is that if you can put up with the heat, they are the best amps on the market. D Agostino designed these amps in his prime when electricity was cheap and no environmental concerns. Because of their true class A status, they can never be improved upon. Class A remains the best amplification and always will.

Best,

Charles