View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 10:35 PM

Thanks everybody. The low impedance is no problem. I have some live performances that I play really loud easily hitting 120-240 watt peaks. My 1.2KW's don't even become warm and I am running off the 4 ohm tap. I really like my new 1.25KW. It handles my Thor so much better than my old 601. The Alexx really integrates well with my Thor. I run the Alexx full range and the Thor LP at 30 Hz with the 18 dB slope filter. I am surprised at how much better I like the Alexx bass than the Maxx3 bass. That was my other big concern other than the impedance. The Maxx3 was and is a really good speaker. I had realized for some time that it was not of reference quality as far as resolution was concerned and the upper midrange could be slightly rough hence all my room tunes were turned to absorbers but it made the room a bit like an anechoic chamber. With the Alexx being so smooth in the midrange and treble compared to the Maxx3 I was able to turn around 6 tunes to the diffuse side which gave me a livelier more involving sound and at the same time extremely smooth, extended, and detailed. One thing led to another and I purchased a Mac D1100 digital preamplifier for the best in Mac digital playback. Next I plan on purchasing some really reference quality speaker cables and interconnects between my preamp and power amp. Man those things are expensive. You would not want to know the price. I going to have to wait until next year for those unless I get a windfall.