View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 03:27 PM
Life is beautiful

Vivid Audio's Kaya45s are not as good in the bass as my G2 Giyas, but mids and highs are very comparable, and if I had a budget of 17K, they would be my top choice.

We started with some tracks I know incredibly well, because I've heard them on dozens of systems.
First streamer: the Auralic Aries G2.1:

To make it fair, all tracks came from Qobuz. Highest resolution possible.

First:
Muddy Waters - My Home Is In The Delta
24/192

I usually play the Analogue Productions SA(CD) at home, and I was a little disappointed now.
It sounded a tiny bit dull, muffled, and flat.
In my memory, but I realise this can be tricky, I had heard a better sound also here in this room before.
I do stress upon the fact that it still sounded very good, but I allow myself to be extremely severe, because I am on a quest for the best!

Second:
Maya Fridman - Daniël Kool - The Invisible Link
24/96

Aha, this was better.
The trptk label is one of the best in the world.
Arvo Pärt's Fratres on this album is my favourite version of the piece and normally never fails to move me thoroughly.
What a fine recording engineer Brendon Heinst is!

Third:
Ella & Louis
24/96

Recorded in glorious mono in '56.
Can't We Be Friends sounded very good, but I found it a bit lacking in comparison with home where, again, I play the Analogue Productions disc.
Maybe Qobuz, after all, is not as good as those terrific remasters?
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables

Last edited by bart; 11-12-2020 at 04:59 PM.