View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 04:23 AM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsalis View Post
Thank you for your reply, yes, I understand that the drivers can be aligned, BUT unless you are Time-coherent from the start, which means you did not mess up timing in the XO (Only 6db XO, no drivers phase revers, etc.), you are, from the get-go, already “out-of-sync.” So your speakers may be time-aligned at the listening position (although I couldn't find any measurements that will support this), but they can’t be time coherent. So what is the point??
BTW, microseconds resolution are in the megahertz frq realm. Not sure microphones can even measure it (and of course, no living creature will hear it either ). Sound will travel 3.5mm in one m/s, how
would anyone hold his head in such spot?
Also, could not find any reference to any medical research that shows that people can “reliably hear intervals below 10 microseconds”. I mean that would be hearing frqs above 100Khz
I will simply say that your understanding of time correct is a bit dated.

No one said one microsecond adjustment, though you might check the calibrations on a WAMM regarding what intervals can be adjusted.

As for measurements, since there is no standard speaker test that replicates what we are measuring, why would you see any tests?

If you wish to find the research, think "fight or flight." It's pretty straightforward actually.

If you simply wish to discuss that tired old 6dB/oct, positive electrical phase only position, life is too short. There are many speakers you can buy, or more likely, design. Please enjoy.