Thread: Woo Audio amps
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhog View Post
OK 6 months on the amp + counting

Ok 1st off I want to say I have had this amp for a while now about 6 months, with all upgraded tubes, totally love it!

I also upgraded that power cable with a WW cable from Ivan, and have a dedicated power conditioner too.

I have a question, I have a pair of Sennheiser HD700s and was wondering which is best to use for the connection.

High impedance headphone output or the Low impedance headphone output?

I did read this:
"The output impedance is measured to around 15 ohm for the low headphone output, and the high headphone output right around 48 ohm. If you believe in NWAvGuy’s theory(?), your headphones should have at least 8 times higher impedance than the output to avoid distortion of the audio signal. "

The 700s are rated at a 150 ohm load. I think I have always used the LOW connection. This amp has enough power to drive 2 pairs of I think about anything at the same time. Only diff I hear is on the low connection the loudness is maybe a little lower 5-10% or so perceived. Noise floors seem the same.

I sent a request to Woo to get their reply, but thought someone could chime in with some input too.

thanks!
Which ever setting sounds best to you. I like the high setting with my Sony MDR-Z7 @70 Ohms.