Thread: Ref75 + ref5se
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian05 View Post
Hi 2fastdriving, I am considering a move up to Transparent Super XLR between my source and Ref 10. I am currently using an Audioquest Columbia XLR. What other brands/types have you used and what in particular do you like about Transparent? I have never tried a cable with a built in network before. Very curious and my dealer has one I can try. I am also intrigued by the upgrade program, so I could move up to Ultra as funds allow... Any feedback would be appreciated. Nice system by the way! Thank you, Jason
Thanks Jason! Well, I haven't tried any other brands in a while. I love transparent. I'm sure there's cheaper, but I'm not sure there is better. My dealer carries it, and got me hooked. I think you may want to try some other brands before you get in too deep. What do I like about them? Once you are into the ref/ref XL levels, it's like getting a new pair of speakers the change is so significant. Deeper bass, voices carved out of the air, incredible micro dynamics. Startling realism in acoustic guitars and cymbals. Blackest background I've heard.

After I tried ref XL, I wanted to throw my lowly ref SC's in the garbage