View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 08:40 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJinID View Post
Some fun happened earlier this afternoon:

All three DACs/sources sounded fantastic, but there were some definite differences. The Yggdrasil definitely stood out the most among the three.

The good news is my friend is letting my borrow his Yggy over the long weekend until Tuesday, so I'll have even more time to let it get fully warmed up and to get a feel for how it sounds in my system!

A longer write up with detailed listening impressions to follow soon...
Jerff, very cool that you were able to do that 3-way comparison and have Yggy over the weekend and until Tuesday to ensure it is fully warmed up. We'll all be very intersted in reading your write up and detailed listening impresssions.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.