View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 02:26 PM

The break in is ongoing but probably haven't been able to put even 100 hours on them so far due to various reasons since they're in a shared room. I have been really enjoying the system with the Maestros - there have been some minor hiccups during the break in process but for the most part they sounded pretty amazing on day one and still sound pretty amazing - I knew my earlier speakers were holding back the system but I was still pretty surprised at just how much performance I was leaving on the table with the Scalas. The major piece that is still up in the air is the bass - it is slowly coming in but still doesn't have the physical force that I've heard from the Maestros in other setups. We'll see once break in is done and they are spiked.

I got a really good deal on the Maestros due to a mixup which is why I have them (as opposed to waiting for the EVOs) which actually worked out better for me in retrospect. Due to the mixup I forced my dealer to also agree to provide me with Maestro near full purchase price tradeup value to EVOs, but after a couple of days with the Maestros I told them he needn't bother - I will be keeping the Maestros long term. The Maestro EVO for me, is not really attractive versus the Maestros.

Last edited by Bar81; 07-01-2017 at 03:14 PM.