View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp 1080 View Post
This happens often with a new high performance car, with a new driver never having driven 500+ HP cars with cold summer tires on a narrow street. Not expecting snap oversteer! Did I leave anything out?

It took me one time on the street fortunately not hitting anything but the curb to never repeat that mistake. I only take my car to track days now. Much safer and more fun learning to brake and shift your car at insane speeds on a closed road course. You can NEVER replicate that same feeling on the streets no matter how much horsepower.
After driving a few Ferrari’s on the track I quickly realized just how much potential is left undiscovered on the streets. Those that do try to tap into it often pay a heavy price (both places). The fun is driving a car at 10/10 on the track and 7/10 on the backroads. After owning and test driving many exotics I’m back to the simplest and most reasonable formula of driving a car that brings driving pleasure at sane and reasonable pace any day of the week without having to hit the track. A 155hp, 2375lb car that drives and feels like a go kart. I don’t need 650hp to have fun. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited by PHC1; 05-11-2018 at 03:57 PM.