View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 06:28 PM

OP here:

I agree, I likey myself.

I'm not nuts about the tail lights, at least in the pic below. To me, in the pic, It looks, I don't know, a bit cartoonish compared to the rest of the design?
It sticks out proud of the side of the body ala some Japenese design, not that I don't like that in general or on specifically, say, a Lexus LC500 or other models (I still may be buying one of those LC500's. How about you, Dan ?)

An FYI about auto photography in general: (I'm in no way an authority on the subject)

If there is anyone looking at this thread w/out having clicked on the article's link, I chose the left-front quarter-view because I thought it was one of the most flattering of the few available. I remember reading many years ago that the most flattering view of a vehicle was nearly always a quarter view of it (looking this up just now, it appears to me that the art world might call it a 3/4 view...same diff as far as I can tell).
I guess I could also mention here that, again many years ago, I read that the color a carmaker chooses to use in it's advertising is the one that it feels is the most complimentary, flattering. I know, "duh", right? This link is to an automotive magazine, but it was released by the carmaker & maybe the only images available, I don't know as I haven't looked - and it's not even in production yet, if ever, BTW.

So, the color; completely subjective, I know. I don't hate it, but I wouldn't choose blue over silver or any number of shades of gray. For me, that goes for possibly any vehicle...just say'in.

__"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter" apparently not Winston Churchill
_

Last edited by JMAC; 04-10-2019 at 03:42 AM.