Thread: N100h questions
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 12:57 AM

Default N100h questions

Hello All
A year ago, my teenage son made me a Linux based computer from a Gigabyte Brix and parts from Amazon. I've been using Jriver. I've had issues with the jriver app communicating with my iPad and iPhone. Furthermore the program crashes requiring me to lug a monitor up to the music room so my son can look at it. With my son away at school I've been avoiding using the system because of its reliability issues. It's frustrating to go through a routine with the computer, Dac and app every time I want to use my system.

So now I want a plug and play solution to get music to my Esoteric K03x as the Dac. I need USB only so it looks like the n100h would work fine. I have 1.5TB of music so I'm leaning to the 4TB size to avoid filling a 2 TB one too soon

Some rookie questions since my IT guy is away at school. He's gonna be mad that I'm scrapping his solution for a more reliable one but he's not here and I really want to enjoy my system.

It's says it's a network player. Do I need a Nas? I'm not sure I could set one up

I'd wanted to just load my files and be done.

To use the app, I'm guessing I need an Ethernet cable to connect to the modem. This is a bit on a snag that'll require me to run a cable through the attic about 65 feet. not fun in the Florida heat so this may need to hold until fall arrives.

I don't see anything about wifi so how does the iPad or iPhone talk to the unit?

Since I'm "lower tech" how would I load the files? From an external drive? I have the files on a WD external spinning disc drive now

Do you think I'll have better sound than the $600 computer my son built?

I might need to wait until late November to buy but I'm starting my research now.

I love my system I've pieced together. As I get older I've seen the value in using files over getting up to change discs. This computer is my weakest link in my system.
And help is greatly appreciated. Thank you,
Pete