View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaestro335 View Post
Hello All,
Just wanted to check in on my Yiggy experience. I am not sure how many hours I have on it, probably over a 150 hrs. But I am now starting to notice more separation between instruments! Great example is on Led Zeppelin’s Rain song. Loving this more each time I listen to it! I am listening to this via a Oppo 205 as my transport through my Anthem 1120
Unprocessed analog inputs to my Revel Performa 3 206’s. Not quite up to par with the top notch systems on this Forum, but still amazing sounding. I do not want to get into an argument about cables, but if I were to purchase a better coax cable connected to my Yiggy would that improve the sound at all? I currently have a basic Wire World Starlight 7.
Jeff.......The Wireworld Starlight 7 digital coaxial cable is a high quality cable that uses Onide continuous cast oxygen free copper wire and the same Composilex2 insulation and DNA Helix cable design that the next three higher priced Wireworld coaxial cables use. As you move up from the Starlight to the Silver Starlight the copper wire is clad in a thin coat of pure silver. Then there are two additional models, the Gold Starlight and Platinum Starlight coaxial cables. Both of these feature OCC silver wire. My understanding is the Platinum model uses a heavier gauge wire than the Gold Starlight.

I have owned and used the Starlight, Silver Starlight and the Platinum Starlight coaxial cables. In all three cases the performance was excellent, but as I went from Starlight to Silver Starlight I sensed a slight improvement in soundstage focus. When I moved from Silver Starlight to Platinum Starlight coaxial cable there was a marked improvement in focus, improved silence that rendered micro dynamics more accurately, and overall the performance just felt more lifelike. These experiences happened with two different high-end sound systems in my home. Your experience may differ so make an effort to audition the cable your interested in purchasing. In my opinion, the price to performance sweet spot in the Wireworld digital cables is the Silver Starlight cable.

If you become a Subscriber to this forum, there is special pricing available to those who help support this forum from Legend Audio and Video. You will save more than your annual membership dues on your first cable order. Well worth it. Become a Subscriber to Audio Aficionado, then PM Ivan (Masterlu) with your order. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Follow this link if you wish to become a Subscriber: http://www.audioaficionado.org/payments.php

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A