View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubselect View Post
Maybe it is a bit off-topic but think it will be OK if I ask it there.

Does anybody know how do these linking outlets (powercon receipts) work? Do they provide the same degree of filtration as other outlets?

Isotek Titan One has one linking outlet. There is no information about it. Is it a simple pass-through outlet without filtration?

Isotek Evo3 Titan has one Multi-Link outlet. Does it provide filtration? Or it is only pass-though?

Thanks in advance.
I own both an EVO3 TITAN and SIGMAS. I was initially interested in the Super Titan but finances did not allow. I wound up having very detailed conversations with Keith at Isotek in the UK and his then active distributor in the US (Vana Ltd. who had a wealth of knowledge).

Here is what I was told on this subject;

- the Powerconn "AUX" or "MULTI-LINK" output on the EVO3 TITAN and Super TITAN are not passthrough at all; this is unlike I believe the Titan One and Genesis One where the Powerconn port is intended as a "linking" outlet only...

- it is direct output method for the exact filtered/treated power that the EVO3 TITAN or Super TITAN are supplying to their onboard outlets and is intended for use with their EVO3 Sirius power extender if memory serves or similar device that they sell...ask an Isotek dealer for details...

- the nice side benefit of owning the EVO3 TITAN and EVO3 SIGMAS that caused me to pick up the unit is the TITAN's more moderate price and its ability to provide unlimited power that is ultra-clean and causes my amp to sound it's best AND the EVO3 TITAN and EVO3 SIGMAS can be tied together with a Neutrik Powerconn to 20amp terminated umbilical such that the SIGMAS get the incoming benefit of the TITAN's filtering/power signature and then uses that as an input to its circuitry which is geared for front-end components (and 2 high current outlets as well). According to Isotek and Vana at the time, this was the 'little talked about sweet spot...' from a performance configuration point of view. I don't know about that but certainly the price is more attractive; what I do notice though is that the EVO3 SIGMAS tethered to the EVO3 TITAN works like a single unit sonically and the whole appears to be sonically (at least to my ears) better than the parts even are individually which is to say great and the best power conditioners of the MANY I've been through over the years for both passive and active.

There are new entries from Shunyata though that friends tell me equal or better the 2-3 year old EVO3 designs; will definitely have to give that a real test soon!

YMMV and FWIW,...