View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 11:37 AM

Thanks for your interesting adventure with the REL Neutrik Cable.

As a previous owner of a few REL subs a number of years ago, I am somewhat familiar with the Neutrik cable. I find it disturbing that for most of REL's history they maintained their stock cable was more than sufficient for its needs. This thinking only changed a few years ago.

A particular cable must be manufactured correctly and with enough quality and specifications for its specific needs. It does not need to be made of exotic materials or be expensive. Some people disagree.

I liked Signal Cable mainly because it looked nicer, will make you any size or configuration, and had terminal end options, but I never noticed a real difference in performance compared to the stock cable. Just my opinion and don't want this to be a cable war.

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub