View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
EL-8 has been out of stock for about a month on Audeze's web site. I really wanted to love them, but when I heard them at Rocky Mountain Audio show I was disappointed. I told the guy I was expecting more, the Audeze guy agreed and said I should expect more and asked me to try on some different pairs. Even Though I was disappointed I might get them anyway. They are the only closed back worth trying with a lightning cable. That makes them the only game in town. The demo el-8 also didn't have the lightning cable on my demo so it could sound much different.
Wait what about the Audeze Sine series. Did you already try those? Supremely comfortable with decent sound and do have lightning cable. I did like the El-8 sound better but thought the Sine was nearly as good. Someone mentioned Audioquest NightOwls. I haven't heard those but i did try the open back Nighthawks which were easily the most comfortable headphones I've ever felt, more comfortable even than the Sony MDR1a, HD650 or Grado sr60i w/soft pads.

How about Lumoid and The Cable Company.

Would you guys mind renting headphones to try and see what to purchase?

Lumoid has limited options in headphones but it does allow you to choose 3 cans for 65 bucks, including El-8 and Sony z7.

If you watch z review Sony z7, on YouTube, he says the bass is phenomenal in presence and control, on those cans and they are closed-back.

The cable company is good because you can rent headphones, amps, cables and other gear for 5% of the retail value of the item, for two weeks. If you decide to purchase, your initial rental payment goes towards your purchase they are located in PA.

Last edited by Masterlu; 10-17-2017 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Active links to non Sponsors are not permitted.