View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobvin View Post
I have to say... Yes the total 600hr timestamp to full burn in is a long time, my REF10 / REF75 have less than 80 hrs. And I will even go so far as to drop the needle and keep volume off for 10 minutes to allow cartridge to warm up a little before I sit down to listen. My point being while there are good days and OK days listening, there are also some stupendous days and the breakin has not diminished my enjoyment of music. At my rate, it'll be over a year to 600 hrs. (I can really afford only a couple nights per week in the listening room, for a couple hours. And I don't listen to 'background' music.) I can imagine, however, selling the REF75 for the GS150, 'cause I'm an ARC kinda guy. But not because breakin is too long.
When. I had my ref10, i left it open running continuously for almost 20 hours a days. Your amp dont need to be on. With the ref 10, you really do need the 600 hours. I would say after 300 hours it start to be great. If i were you i would not suffer a full year! Not every component are that bad but the ref 10 will become magical after 600 hours...so leave it open if you can....no issues doing this on my side...