Thread: Got sub...
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
REL's instructions are pretty clear and straightforward to use and they are also accurate guidance with respect to optimal setup. I use mine near the corner of a half-wall, with the center line of the sub sitting at 45° with either side of the two walls.

With respect to the sub, the control that by far determines the bass output and the integration is the sub Gain setting, not the crossover (remember my DOE on my integration)

You can see this from the graphs below. The first plot is crossover (XO), the second is Gain (volume) and the third is the Gain/XO interaction.

You can see from the steepness of the line that its really the Gain (volume) that drives the 20 Hz response. Also, the p-value number shows that its statistically signficant as its less than a value of 0.05 (the industry standard value for significance at 95% confidence level)

Yes... mine is positined the same way. I went through the initial phase of let’s see what this thing can do, to soon realize that the frames on the wall of the adjacent room vibrating violently was fun but not what I’m trying to achieve and somewhat annoying. So after getting my “boom shake the room” fix I’ve tuned down to much more pleasant levels. So far so good and I have some left over $ to make my next purchase.