View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Skier View Post
Goodwin's for the Q7/Spectral (and Q3, Q1, S5, Avior and Verity Amadis with Simaudio) and Blink for Raidho.

GJ, I agree with your remarks on the Q1 vs. the Q3. Barring some strange twist, I'll be ordering the Q1. You should listen to the C4.1s though. Everything you liked about the Temptation with its D'appolito array but better treble thanks to the ribbon tweeter and much better bass. Blink has 4.0s, so I can only imagine how much better the upgraded model is, because what I heard was excellent.

I didn't listen to the Q7 for long. It was in a different room with different gear, and that wasn't my purpose in visiting. But I spent time over two days at Goodwin's closely listening to the other speakers.

Joe, I think Spectral would give you more of what you didn't like with the Burmester/TAD combo. Spectral is like Boulder, Sim, and certain others -- ultra clean and revealing with enormous control. I'm not sure you can do better than darTZeel with that tweeter. Maybe Constellation. Or all VAC?

Why not take a couple of hours and drive up to Goodwin's with your CR1s, try them with Constellation? I think the Performance amp is $24, and the preamp is currently $19 but supposedly going up to $24. Sell those Burmesters and you're not far off the pair. And maybe there's a dealer closer to you.
Jon...Sounds like you are pulling the trigger on Q1s but you also listened to Q3, S5, Avior and Amadis. Correct me if I am wrong but all auditioned with Simaudio is that correct? I am curious if you are going to supplement the Q1s with subs at all because it's the only monitor vs. a host of full-range speakers? What was your order of preference among the remaining speakers? Who did you deal with at Goodwins (Paul or Al)? Thx. just curious.