Thread: C-02X Preamp
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 08:38 AM
Colekat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricjor1 View Post
If anyone has heard the C-02X, how would you describe how it sounds?
Hi Ricjor , I owned the C-02 for about 18 months. At the time I had the D-02/P-02 with the G-01 clock. I let a friend borrow the clock, he had Ypsilon front end and I got to hear the D-02/P-02 with the Ypsilon preamp. Shortly after that I moved on from the C-02 and bought the Ypsilon Preamp. The Esoteric player with the hybrid pre sounded fantastic to me. The all Esoteric front end was a bit harsh compared to the Ypsilon combo. I could only hear it after I returned to my system and heard the D-02/P-02 with the C-02.
I always listen now, no more opinions and reviews. There's way to many combinations out there to listen too ! I do believe that amps and preamps should be the same manufacturer and same series, as for any manufacturer, I think they do some stuff better than other stuff, espiecally in super high end. There's so much money in this stuff, they all want to have a full line-up ! After having bought and moved on from so much stuff, I have found for my taste, Esoteric has been my player of choice for a long time, love the detail and dynamics ! That said, I have not found the same love in their other offerings.
And, As soon as I replaced the C-02, the noise issue with pass-thru disappeared. It pissed me off that a Preamp at $16k wound have any issues with a feature they designed and built in !