View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2300MC275 View Post
Very nice. What did you think were the relative merits over the Aida?
Aida is a very good speaker too. It is just too relax and too musical to my ears. I think it excel in certain genre of music especially for women vocal. Stella on the other hand is very punchy, bigger headroom, realistic, speedy and suitable to wider range of music. I listen from classical to heavy metal (I am not sure if Metallica could be considered as one now) and anything in between. This is where Stella really shines. Construction wise, Aida is really work of art. The woodwork is simply amazing. From the grain of wood to the lacquer that was applied, it oozed passion and skill in craftsmanship. Stella is not too shabby either. Deal is signed. Speaker to be delivered soon but I won't be able to hook it up until May when the construction of my house with dedicated audio room is completed.
Goldmund 32.5, Goldmund Apologue Anniversary, MC1.2kw, PS10, MT5 (Miyajima Zero), Linn LP12SE (EKOS SE, Kandid, Radikal Klimak, Urika), Raven AC3 (Reed 3P, Miyajima Kansui, Durand Talea II, MC Anna), TechDAS Airforce One (Durand Talea, Anna Diamond), ARC Ref Phono 10, Miyajima ETR Mono, Vivaldi DCS, Vivaldi Upsampler, Vivaldi Clock, Valhalla 2 SC & IC, Transparent MM2 Ultra and Reference IC

Last edited by dkrm; 02-18-2014 at 08:42 PM.