View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 12:39 AM

The Avantgarde's certainly sounded very good being driven from a Viva Audio integrated amp and an MSB DAC ... forget which one. First time hearing any of those brands and left the room impressed. The Merrill Audio and Muraudio setup was pretty good but I'd go for Martin Logan personally if I was going electrostatic. The ARC setup and Wilson DAWs were I think the victim of a really small room. I own Sasha 2's and have listened to this exact setup(DAWs and Ref160s) at my dealer and all I can say is that the DAWs were ok but didn't come anywhere near showing off what they are capable of. Surprised they weren't in a bigger room. That said ... the new JBL L100 Classics seemed very content in the small room and although they can't compare to the Wilsons they were really good for what they are. I think the new Levinson integrated amps are probably a great value for sure coming in around $8k depending on options. Would have liked to hear the Levinson driving the Sabrinas that were in the room apparently on static display. The Carver tube amps sounded really good and the small amp had no issue driving the Kefs to pretty good volumes.