View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
No expert here but let me try to help you understand.

The ‘cloud’s’ aim is to tame reflections from high frequencies (short wave lengths) which cannot escape through your drywall. They reflect back into your room and bounce all over. Those reflections cause your ears to hear the same note from different angles all separated by fractions of seconds. Some of this reflections actually cancel other reflections as they are meeting at opposite points of the sound wave.

The change you should hear, if your ‘cloud’ is effective, is a better sound stage focus, instrument separation and clearer overall sound - especially in the higher frequencies.

If you don’t hear much of an effect, then consider yourself lucky or yes, you could try GIK (or other makers) ceiling panels. I have used GIK 244s) in the past in a room with a low 7’6” ceiling and they were very effective.

The cloud will not stop low frequency notes nor will your drywall.

Have you already tamed the first reflections on your side walls, floor and rear wall? Start there if not.
Thank you for the advice. 1st reflection points on the side and rear walls tamed, floor - somewhat with rug. I have the basket now from Ikea and, well, it might not make it to the ceiling - but who knows. I need some down time after a bunch of travel so this might take a while. Thanks again.