View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazngad View Post
Turntable,

Curious to see how the 2 Pass units compare? I am loving the XP 25 now that I reduced the noise. Titan I is singing as well but about the switch cartridges and arms. Titan to TW and Schroeder with Allaerts and ebony/bamboo armband.
Hi Darren

the XP-25 is excellent in my system currently, now that I got rid of the noise. I did read that the xp-25 is fuller sounding/more weight than the xp-15 - I think Jeff aka Tone audio said that. My system is full sounding anyway, so slightly leaner sound may suit better.
Interestingly the xp-15 has a bit more flexibility on the gain (more of a pain to change) - having standard 40db and 50db gain as well as the 60 and 70db of the xp-25 - add 6db for balanced even thou to me it is a bit false advertising as the 6db is gained in the pre amp/amp interface if balanced, not an additional 5db in the phono stage.

Before committing a lot of $$, thought it a good idea to try the xp-15. You can buy two and still have change :-) Sounded dreadful out of the box, much better 5 hours later, so like the xp-25, this make take some hours.

Last edited by turntable; 04-02-2013 at 07:32 PM.