View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 01:05 PM

Default Solid State Amp Options

I currently use the ARC Ref 250's for the L/R of my hybrid system. They drive my Sasha speakers well and I am quite happy. My only issue is since this is a hybrid 2 channel/HT system. My kids could cause the main amps to cycle on/off while rotating sources on the processor...and I think a SS option for now may be best for my sanity. I am not going to get rid of the 250's and will keep them in their current location for critical 2 channel listening.

I am considering the Momentums (which I have heard) or the JRDG 725 or 925. The 925 is not out yet. Does anyone have any experience with the JRDG amps at any of the shows...These will mainly be for HT listening...but will also spend time on 2 channel for short listening sessions...since it will take a little bit of work to unhook and rehook up the 250's when I want to use them.

I am wondering if both of these designs use a SMPS in power supply since they run very effeciently at idle. Both are class AB...I actually like the look of the 925 the best(would be perfect if I can get in black), followed by the Momentum in black. Burmester 911 monos(in black) are also a consideration but concerned about integration issues with non-Burmester preamp(ayre KX-R).