View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josep View Post
Hello Vince, very curious to know your opinion about the Lumin. I have been thinking to buy it to improve my digital circuit. I currently listen to spotify trough my laptop connected to the MA6700.

Do you recommend the Lumin?
I don't think I can recommend the Lumin emphatically enough! Previous to the Lumin I was running my MacBook Pro via USB or using a Bluesound Node 2 for wireless streaming. My Lumin really doesn't have many hours on it yet, and it's already noticeably better then what I was using previous. I've experimented with running the Lumin and the Bluesound multiple ways as well. Using about the same quality cable, I've found the DAC in the 6700 significantly better then the one in the Node 2, so I chose to run that optical. Trying the Lumin analog and digital I found the Lumin sounds best ran balanced XLR, letting the Lumin doing the converting, as opposed to digital and letting the Mc do the converting. I tried the Aurelic altier and Aurender N100H as well. The Aurender was a really nice piece but I ultimately went with the Lumin. To me it sounded more analog then anything else. The only other recommendations I could make is getting an after market power supply for the Lumin. It really opens it up. I went with the SBooster BOTW. Also if you stream a lot I can't recommend Tidal enough. I hope this was helpful!