View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 11:07 AM
From the BAT cave ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
Randy, what Stillpoints do you use under your BAT VK-600SE and to what effect? __________________ Amp: BAT VK-600SE Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e20MkIII DSD DAC w Paul Hynes SR3-12 Power Supply; MacBook Pro i5 13' w Samsung 850EVO 512GB SSD; Audirvana + 1.5.12 Speakers: Raidho Eben X-Centric Cables: Audioquest Sky XLR 72v DBS, Audioquest Everest DBS 72V, Audioquest NRG-10 72V DBS, Audioquest Diamond USB 216V DBS Rack: Mapleshade Platforms Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w IsoTek Elite EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; HiFi Tuning Supreme 3
I was already using a very substantial white maple stand on spikes. I put Stillpoints Ultras between the amp and the stand. I am not hearing a difference that I can be sure of, but I am not willing to take them out. That result is not surprising to me because of the following: when I moved the amp from the floor to the dedicated amp stand I heard a substantial improvement in the sound. Thus, there was not much left to fix.