Thread: Q7 delivered
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 07:55 AM

Initial impression is that they're so heavy ..haha
ok, first play of music, with wheels randomly aligned, I felt deep bass was lacking.
also jumpers that I used greatly contribute to light bass weight too. After aligned wheel to make wider track now sound more balanced as speakers are more stable on their wheels.
volume on ARC preamp just 25 make quite loud sound. Overall sound is very lively compare to my Q3. still sound rather light overall. I connect jumpers in a way that both
HF and LF has one jumper in the loop. and I knew this Nordost 's light bass weight since I use it with Salon2 before. My Opus jumpers are still in USA, expect to get them here on
20th. No harsh sound of new speakers, unlike Thiel CS3.7 that made my ear bleed in the first hour. now Q7 is 10 feet apart tweeter to tweeter. wider than when I put Q3 at 9.
I think I will have clearer impression once wheels removed and OPUS jumpers in place. treble is very refined even when new.
I used Moon W7M now. with REF75 I guess my 8-ft speaker cables will not reach Q7 speaker terminals.
Toga

Picture attached are TR Opus jumpers which my friend just received in hotel in LA. He will carry them back to me on 20th.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-503992823.jpg (53.2 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg image-1748736081.jpg (80.3 KB, 166 views)

Last edited by TOGA; 05-15-2013 at 02:21 AM.