Thread: Linn amps
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 08:45 PM

There was a Momentum stereo for sale here in the Marketplace only a couple of months ago, keep your eyes peeled. I’m thrilled with mine, and I suspect it would be a great match for your Yvettes.

Re the DSM, don’t hold your breath on Roon, they’re not Roon compatible and the jury’s still out on if that will happen. Linn and Roon have been in discussions, but it’s not on either’s priority list. Linn uses an open-source protocol for their streaming called OpenHome, and to be Roon compatible they have to integrate Roon’s proprietary RAAT protocol, and they have been somewhat reluctant to do that, or pay the licensing fees. Roon, on the other hand, doesn’t want to make their system open either. Also I suspect most Linnies, like me, aren’t that interested in Roon, so there isn’t much push for them to move on it.

Linn’s streaming DACs sound awesome, but if Roon is important to you out of the gate I’d look elsewhere.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2