Thread: Linn amps
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
I just looked at the specs on the Yvette: with a 10” woofer, 86db sensitivity and impedance that dips to under 3 ohm, I don’t think the Twin would be a great match, or an upgrade from your Classe. Solos might be good, but I’d want to audition them first if possible.

Re the Klimax DAC, keep in mind it’s also a streamer. The DS is streamer/DAC only, the DSM has inputs to also serve as a preamp. I have the Klimax DSM with their Katalyst upgrade to the DAC - if you can swing it, that’s the way to go.

I see you’re in Kirkland, are you working with Definitive? The shop in Seattle actually took my Twin in trade a couple of months ago.
Yes, I am working with Definitive. Thanks for the feedback, it sounds like maybe the Linn Amp may not be the way to go. I am still holding out for something like a D'Agostino Momentum but I want to see if there are any used original ones that pop up. Maybe that is wishful thinking.

I like the Linn Klimax DSM so I am seriously looking into that. I may consider the DS given that I usually stream but I think the Linn choice will be dependent on how good they integrate with Roon. I am also looking at maybe a used DCS Rossini...let's see what happens!