View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Certainly sounds like the new Q7 is a very significant improvement over the old one. It is a testament to Magico that an upgrade path is available. If you have the older version it is great to have the option to upgrade. Wilson did not provide this with the Alexandria and I doubt that one will be provided when the Maxx3 is finally replaced.
Hi Charles,

I couldn't agree with you more.

There is little question that the Project M speakers, which debuted the technological improvements now available in the Q7mkII, were a significant step forward for Magico. And there is growing consensus, that those improvements (the new tweeter, midrange and crossover) have produced an even better Q7 speaker than the previous version.

I could not have been more pleased when Magico announced the upgrade program for the Q7s. Of course there were detractors of Magico's upgrade program. Some suggested the price was excessive or that the improvements would be marginal. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But FWIW, I for one was, and continue to be, grateful to Alon Wolf for making the upgrade path available to existing Q7 owners. And I can testify that the improvement in the upgraded speakers, at least in my room, was definitely worth it.

Last edited by cmarin; 07-17-2015 at 01:27 PM.