View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Jerry, way more power than I would ever need with these speakers and room not to mention the hefty price tag of $100k for both. I'll have to make do with less power and much less $$$$ outlay.

If you bring them home, you will need different speakers no?
Yup .... different speakers my friend. The question is - WHICH? So, far, this kind of tube power I have heard are the Wilson SASHA's and Maxx 3. However, I seem to get tired (and bored) of the constant seemingly never ending "improvement" ... which also directly mean a never ending flow of monies to support the chase in changes.

I have resolved, and kinda aided by MERIDIAN's magic, on the itch for change. However, the desire to ADD, like cars ... to the stable remain strong. I have moved past Wilson and am eyeing the beautiful sounding Avantgarde latest XA Pre-Power series and the Avantgarde Duo Grosso G2 PLUS the fact that Holger Fromme can have them custom manufactured with my name on it! Wow! Setback? Money and space.

In summary, I have stopped looking for the "MAIN" system BUT does not mean I am not loking for a second weeny mini good system for the bedroom. So, the Leben CS300xs had its use.

I wish you much enjoyment in your quest and certainly do know you will look at all aspect with a magnifying glass before settling down to what you would want to have. And I will be there waiting to read about your adventure and the very attractive reviews.

Cheers!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar