View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 04:22 PM
Retired

Hmmm............. if I understand correctly, the 3D arm will drop right on the Memorial base with no additional changes. If correct, would be an easy up-grade path with the Aries, which is one of the earlier models. Decisions, decisions..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Stevenson View Post
Why don't you go to the VPI Forum on their website and ask Harry? It is very difficult to make an informed decision without being able to listen and compare isn't it? Harry would know and he is candid and honest. The VPI website includes a cartridge compatibility page. Without doubt the Kleos would work well with either arm.
Good idea. I'll do that. Sorry to read that you do not think the Prime is a worthwhile step up from your Technics. Hopefully, more fiddling will make it so. What phono stage are you using?
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag