View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 07:22 PM

Because of the pandemic, it's taken much longer than anyone would have expected. It was only this last Saturday that the system was finally completed!

Before going any farther, I want to give a big shout out to Ivan for helping me put this beast. Those that have been around a while already know how great it is to work with Ivan! If you’re new and have never experienced it for yourself, he should be your first stop when looking to make an upgrade.

Also, I want to give a big thanks to Emile. He helped me (actually, it’s I who mostly tried to keep out of his way) set up my system. The first thing he did when he saw my system, is completely redo all of the cabling. I must admit, my attempt at wiring everything was pretty pathetic. The system looks as good as it sounds!

Now that I’ve been listening to it for a week, I feel like I can talk about what Ivan, Emile, and I created:

• To start with the system is “dead” quiet. Something I’d never fully accomplished with the old system. It was quiet but like this.

• The Canton speakers are everything I’d hoped for. After my logan’s, I wanted speakers with some punch. The logan’s were very good a delivering clean room-filling sound, but it lacked that visceral fill I was looking for. What’s amazing is that a speaker at this price point can be so “good”. The base coming from some relatively small base speakers is unbelievable. They go low and being driven my 501’s remains tight and focused. E put on a track by an artist I can’t remember, but the it has such strong base I felt like a mule just kicked me in the chest. These speakers aren’t just about base, they have a lot of punch and finesse. It’s much more like a live performance.

• The Wire World cables are pretty amazing. I can’t really give a before and after since some much equipment was changed all at once. But I feel they are a rather large contributing factor in the system quietness and punch.

• Now I’d like to talk about the Silenzo by E. Our very own Emile has really built a world-class music server. Combined with the Bryston BDA3, this thing really delivers and, is also dead quiet. Like the Canton’s the Silenzo is a “real” bargain. If I were to build another system, I’ll guarantee it would include a Silenzo.

Well that’s it for now, the music is calling. After everything is fully broken in I’ll revisit this an attempt to describe the improvements.

C500, MX123, MC501 (2), MC207, MCD500,
Silenzio, Bryston BDA3, Shunyata Denali 6000/S,
Panasonic UB900, Canton Reference 3K,
Canton Reference 50K, Fresco, Descent