Thread: Alexx concerns
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphacts View Post
This thread was started because an Alexx did not sound like an Alexx. After much work, the issue was deemed not to be the Alexx, but the way the system upstream saw Alexx. The concerns were alleviated by properly setting the components for one another.

As for what you heard, I can't say. I can say that if Alexia 2 bass sounds like the bass you describe for Alexia 1 or as you describe for this instance of Alexia 2, something is way off. Given the system pairing is unusual to say the least and that all the gear is well pedigreed, the first step would be to confirm that disparate components are not somehow mismatched (impedance, gain, cable calibration for instance).

But at the end of the day, whether you prefer it or not, a 911MkIII should make bass on an Alexia 2. If it doesn't, it's time to start troubleshooting, not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
You're right Bill, all great equipment and it should sound sublime. Something must be wrong. Thank you for your input.

Apologies to OP for getting sidetracked. You have amazing gear... very glad you got your Alexx sounding the way it should. Wilson customer support is one of the best in the business... just one more reason why I want to move in that direction one day soon.

Aurender N10 / Ayre QX-5 Twenty / Ayre KX-R Twenty / Ayre MX-R Twenty / Wilson Sasha DAW / Isotek TITAN and EVO3 / Transparent Reference / Meze Empyrean