View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 09:43 PM

Default Questions

Ivan,

When you get a few minutes, I have a few theater/setup questions.
1) In the Cape Cod theater room, why the Owens Corning 703 on the upper portion of the walls instead of drywall? Also, unless I misunderstood you don’t have any diffusers, only acoustic absorption panels, why? I have believed for a long time that the surround content was supposed to “bounce around” in the room.
2) It looks like you are using RGPG gear after the PurePower AC regenerators, why?
3) I was not familiar with the Quiet batt inslulation but now plan on using it, it looks like the ceiling drywall was attached directly to the floor joist. Have you or anyone else on the board used a combination of WhisperClips (Green Glue Noiseproofing Clip ( WhisperClips, QuietClips )) or isoTRAX (SoundproofCow.com :: Soundproofing Materials :: Sound Isolation Systems :: isoTRAX™ Soundproofing System Ceiling Package) and C-Channel along with double drywall with Green Glue? I am very concerned about absolute soundproofing so that I can watch Transformers at 2AM on a Tuesday night at reference level without getting yelled at.

Posting the question here since others may have the same questions. apologies if it's answered somewhere else and I haven't found it yet.
thanks,